Optima Synchro, a competitive synchronized swim team based in the Merrimack Valley area, kicked off the season by earning 15 top finishes at the New England Figure Invitational, hosted at Wheaton College on November 20, 2016.
“I am proud of the team’s performance,” said head coach Svetlana Malinovskaya. “The meet provided a venue for our swimmers to test their skills against others in their age group. This meet was a great learning environment for our swimmers, several competing for the first time.”
OPTIMA Synchro Results:
- 8 & under Novice: Sasha Kirianov of Andover (1st)
- 9-10 Novice: Noelle Lee of Bedford (1st)
- 11-12 Novice: Emma Diamantis of Andover (1st)
- 10 & under Intermediate: Xavia Banigan of North Reading (2nd), Isabella Martin of Andover (4th), Natalie Taylor of Andover (5th)
- 12 & under Age Group: Bonnie Li of Concord (1st)
- 13-15 Age Group: Julia Paradis of North Andover (1st), Katie MacDonald of Andover (2nd), Gabriella Sajedi of Acton (3rd), Polina Malinovskaya of Andover (5th)
- 16-17 Age Group: Rebecca Page of Andover (5th), Gabriella Sajedi of Acton (Honorary 5th), Aleah Davidsen of Andover (8th)
- 18-19 Age Group: Francesca Sajedi of Acton (2nd)
Malinovskaya, who is the team consultant for the USA Synchro 13-15 Age Group Junior National Team and was recognized by USA Synchro as the developmental coach of the year, credited Optima Sychro’s coaches and experienced swimmers, several whom represent the Junior National Team, for preparing the team for the competition.
Learn more about synchronized swimming by attending a free lesson at the upcoming Synchro Saturday.